Shirovasti: Relaxing Body, Mind and Senses
In Shirovasti, herbal oil is kept over the head with the help of a cap. The cap is fixed with a paste of black gram powder for a prescribed period of time. The oil is filled up to a height of 5cm (about two inches) above the scalp. Temperature of the oil (warmness) is maintained by replacing cooled oil with warm oil at regular intervals. At the end of the procedure oil is taken out and the cap is removed. After wiping off the oil with a clean and dry towel, gentle massage is performed on the shoulders, neck, forehead and back.
This process nourishes and rejuvenates the nerves in the region above the neck and helps cure many nervous system disorders. Its effects are marvellous in neuralgia, hemicranias, optic atrophy, deafness, facial paralysis and all diseases affecting the cranial nerves.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Bestows liveliness to the organs clear voice, firm jaws and strength to the head
- Reduces dryness of the mouth and nose
- Dryness of nostrils mouth and throat
- Facial paralysis
- Deafness and other vata related diseases
- Disorders due to Vata imbalance
It was deceptively simple and at first I didn’t think it could possibly work, but by the third day I was walking like I did when I was twenty ( I am 52 now). I found profound result from each of the different treatments which is a real testimony to the efficacy of this ancient method. I wish you all the best and thank you from my heart for the healing you have brought to me. By the way, the herbs are fabulous. — Ana Sachs, USA
‘Ayurveda Healthcare’ as, “The Kerala Ayurvedic Centre, run by V. Srikant Nair, has been involved in the whole gamut of treatment in Ayurveda. The Center has a panel of doctors and its technicians have been trained in Kerala special therapies”. — Bikram Ghosh, Indian Express, Vadodara
I have just had Panchakarma for the last 30 days, my problem was very achy in joints and muscle all over the body. I feel now a great improvement after the different massages. — Marianne Simonin London, U.K.
I have undergone the Panchkarma treatment which I found very useful. Every one should think and take care of one’s own body and go for such treatments for rejuvenation purpose to prevent aging and the attack of diseases. I felt very much relaxed after the Panchakarma therapies. Me. Srikant Nair and his team of staff and were very encouraging. I wish big success and best of luck for such dedicated treatments. — S.G.Saitonde
"I've had a lot of massages, but today was the first time I've actually "had" a massage. Great experience and a wonderful addition to our vacation. I get massages on a very regular basis and it was my husbands first massage." — ROBERT F.
Tips & Tricks
- Nostricap ( Inhalant Capsules ) by Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal 15th February 2019
- Janu Vati, the most effective treatment for Knee Pain 11th April 2017
- 3 Indian ocean islands for winter sun 1st September 2014
- Sisley Spa opens at Miramar 22nd March 2014
- Top 5 Tips for Choosing a Day Spa 21st March 2014
- Headbands get hygienic 10th March 2014
- The future is laundry free 10th March 2014
- The Training Room launches new courses 7th September 2013