Udwartana - Weight Loss Therapy in Ayurveda
Udvartana is the process of applying herbal powders to the skin, rubbing the powders against the direction of the hair follicles (pratiloma direction) with gentle strokes, towards the heart. During this therapy the palm evenly spreads over the surface of the skin.
Udwartana Therapy in Vadodara
This Ayurvedic bodywork reduces morbid Kapha and Vata dosha. It eliminates adipose tissue deposits (meda) and provides firmness to the body. It stabilizes the Pitta dosha that is responsible for skin immunity (bhrajaka pitta). It alleviates foul smell, heaviness, drowsiness and itching. It is useful for anorexia and sweating. It strengthens the muscles, provides stability, beautifies the skin and enhances the complexion bringing freshness Useful for weight reduction or to purify tone and exfoliate the skin cells for a luminous glow. This specific massage reduces cholesterol, helps curb obesity, resolves skin problems, imparts mobility to the joints, strengthens muscles and refreshes the body.
- Removes Cellulite/subcutaneous fat tissue.
- When taken as a part of a treatment program including an Ayurvedic diet plan, regular exercise or Yoga & appropriate internal Ayurvedic herbal remedies as prescribed by the Ayurvedic physician, it helps to reduce weight & gives a well-toned body over a period of time.
- Improves skin complexion.
- Cleanses & revitalises the skin and removes body odour.
- Better skin tone – even if you are losing weight with exercises or other forms of diet etc.
- The best benefit of Udvartana, even when taken as a one off treatment is that, it is one of very few treatments that not only de-stresses you, but also has an invigorating or energising effect.
- Blockages in the blood vessels are removed & open pores, relieving body stiffness, facilitating better absorption of oils through the skin.
It was deceptively simple and at first I didn’t think it could possibly work, but by the third day I was walking like I did when I was twenty ( I am 52 now). I found profound result from each of the different treatments which is a real testimony to the efficacy of this ancient method. I wish you all the best and thank you from my heart for the healing you have brought to me. By the way, the herbs are fabulous. — Ana Sachs, USA
‘Ayurveda Healthcare’ as, “The Kerala Ayurvedic Centre, run by V. Srikant Nair, has been involved in the whole gamut of treatment in Ayurveda. The Center has a panel of doctors and its technicians have been trained in Kerala special therapies”. — Bikram Ghosh, Indian Express, Vadodara
I have just had Panchakarma for the last 30 days, my problem was very achy in joints and muscle all over the body. I feel now a great improvement after the different massages. — Marianne Simonin London, U.K.
I have undergone the Panchkarma treatment which I found very useful. Every one should think and take care of one’s own body and go for such treatments for rejuvenation purpose to prevent aging and the attack of diseases. I felt very much relaxed after the Panchakarma therapies. Me. Srikant Nair and his team of staff and were very encouraging. I wish big success and best of luck for such dedicated treatments. — S.G.Saitonde
"I've had a lot of massages, but today was the first time I've actually "had" a massage. Great experience and a wonderful addition to our vacation. I get massages on a very regular basis and it was my husbands first massage." — ROBERT F.
Tips & Tricks
- Nostricap ( Inhalant Capsules ) by Arya Vaidya Sala Kottakkal 15th February 2019
- Janu Vati, the most effective treatment for Knee Pain 11th April 2017
- 3 Indian ocean islands for winter sun 1st September 2014
- Sisley Spa opens at Miramar 22nd March 2014
- Top 5 Tips for Choosing a Day Spa 21st March 2014
- Headbands get hygienic 10th March 2014
- The future is laundry free 10th March 2014
- The Training Room launches new courses 7th September 2013